Hello, people and robots of the internet!
Greetings and welcome to The Alley Cat 7
Hello, and welcome to my blog. My name is Alice, I am an undergraduate university student majoring in English literature, and French Communication and Culture. This blog consists of a plethora of posts, most of them are book reviews.
If you have enjoyed reading my book reviews, then please feel free to email me a book recommendation. I adore discovering new and amazing books! If there is a book you would like me to review, send me an email with the subject: BOOK REVIEW. Or fill out this form.. Please make sure to read over my REVIEW POLICY .
For a list of my book reviews: click here!
What sort of books do I like to read? I will read almost anything I can get my hands on. Usually, I read a lot of romance, Victorian novels, dystopian, vampire novels, historical fiction, biographies, science fiction, fantasy, children’s fiction, and young adult fiction. I am what you would call a bookaholic or as I like to define myself a “bookius wormius glassius” (a book worm who wears glasses). My favorite book is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. My favorite authors are: Charlotte Brontë, Emily Brontë, J.K Rowling, Neil Gaiman, Amélie Nothomb, L.J. Smith, Meg Cabot, C. S. Lewis, Jane Austen, Carolyn Meyer, Anne Rice, and Haruki Murakami.
To read my own amateurish works of fiction: click here!
Ten Things About Me
1. I am utterly obsessive when it comes to writing. I can spend hours writing stories.
2. I always have one ear bud in my ear. I look like a secret agent waiting for my next mission.
3. I love polar bears, enough said.
4. I adore cookies, people sometimes call me “the cookie queen.”
5. I wish I could turn into a mermaid so that I can swim for hours and hours.
6. I dream of living in a medieval castle with a drawbridge and an alligator filled moat.
7. I would love to learn Latin and Japanese. And yes, that’s Latin the dead language.
8. I have a huge poster of Edward Cullen even though Twilight is no longer a thing.
9. I spend way too much time on Tumblr and Instagram.
10. When I was a kid I wanted to bring all the dinosaurs back from extinction. My plan was to keep them in my backyard and feed them giant tubs of ice cream.
- Do you earn money from the ads on this blog?
No. This blog is my hobby, I do not earn any source of income from it. If you see an ad on this blog it probably comes from WordPress.
2. Do you receive money for reviewing books?
I wish! As I mentioned, my blog is just a hobby blog. Every book that I review on this site, I either bought myself or borrowed from the library. I decided to begin reviewing books because I figured that it would be a good way to challenge myself to think critically about the books I read.
3. I think your MBTI type for ____ character is wrong.
Could be. We all interpret people, characters, things etc.. in different ways. Therefore it is difficult to come to any sort of consensus on a MBTI type for a certain character. If you really think I made a mistake, feel free to send me an email. I don’t bite.
4. Where do you get your pictures?
Most of my pictures are from either Pixabay, Wikimedia Commons, or my own camera. I try to avoid putting pictures that are not in the public domain on my blog for legal reasons. As much as I would love to feature book covers on my site whenever I write a book review, I just don’t want to take the risk. Instead, I find images which I believe represent the book in some way.
4. What is your posting schedule?
Recently, I decided to post a new blog post every Monday (once a week). I may post more often during the spring and summer, but that all depends on my schedule.
5. How do I follow or subscribe?
Look for the “subscribe” button in the right sidebar, or at the bottom of the page.
There are three ways to subscribe: 1. By email. Type in your email and follow the instructions. 2. If you are a wordpress blogger, click the follow button on the top left of the screen in the black toolbar. 3. Twitter @thealleycat7, follow me and check for my blog updates. 4. Instagram @thealice7. It’s just that simple!