Greetings and welcome to The Alley-Cat7
I’m Alice, a twenty-something-year-old bookius wormius glassius (a bookworm who wears glasses). I have recently graduated from university where I double majored in English literature and French communication and culture at a Canadian university. In the fall, I will begin another university degree in English-French translation. In my sparse free-time, I devour books with an insatiable hunger, write stories until my hands feel as if they are about to fall off, and paint childish pictures while listening to audiobooks.
If you have enjoyed reading my book reviews, then please feel free to email me a book recommendation. You can send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I adore discovering new and amazing books! Please note that review requests are currently closed.
For a list of my book reviews: click here!
What sort of books do I like to read? I will read almost anything I can get my hands on. Usually, I read a lot of romance, Victorian novels, dystopian, vampire novels, historical fiction, biographies, science fiction, fantasy, children’s fiction, and young adult fiction. I am what you would call a bookaholic or as I like to define myself a “bookius wormius glassius” (a book worm who wears glasses). My favorite book is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. My favorite authors are: Charlotte Brontë, Emily Brontë, J.K Rowling, Neil Gaiman, Amélie Nothomb, L.J. Smith, Meg Cabot, C. S. Lewis, Jane Austen, Carolyn Meyer, Anne Rice, and Haruki Murakami.
Ten Things About Me
1. I am utterly obsessive when it comes to writing. I can spend hours writing stories.
2. I always have one ear bud in my ear. I look like a secret agent waiting for my next mission.
3. I love polar bears, enough said.
4. I adore cookies, people sometimes call me “the cookie queen.”
5. I wish I could turn into a mermaid so that I can swim for hours and hours.
6. I dream of living in a medieval castle with a drawbridge and an alligator filled moat.
7. I would love to learn Latin and Japanese. And yes, that’s Latin the dead language.
8. I have a huge poster of Edward Cullen even though Twilight is no longer a thing.
9. I spend way too much time on Instagram searching for bullet journal templates.
10. When I was a kid I wanted to bring all the dinosaurs back from extinction. My plan was to keep them in my backyard and feed them giant tubs of ice cream.
1. Do you earn money from the ads on this blog?
No. This blog is my hobby, I do not earn any source of income from it. If you see an ad on this blog it probably comes from WordPress.
2. Do you receive money for reviewing books?
I wish! As I mentioned, my blog is just a hobby blog. Every book that I review on this site, I either bought myself, borrowed from the library, won in a giveaway, or received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I decided to begin reviewing books because I figured that it would be a good way to challenge myself to think critically about the books I read.
3. Where do you get your pictures?
Most of my pictures are from either Pixabay, Wikimedia Commons, or my own camera. I try to avoid putting pictures that are not in the public domain on my blog for legal reasons. When it comes to book reviews, I use thumbnails of book covers from Goodreads.
4. What is your posting schedule?
Recently, I have only been posting once a month due to my busy schedule. In the future, hopefully I can return to my once a week posting schedule.
5. How do I follow or subscribe?
Look for the “subscribe” button in the right sidebar, or at the bottom of the page.
There are three ways to subscribe: 1. By email. Type in your email and follow the instructions (at the top left of the page, or at the bottom of the page if you are on mobile) 2. If you are a wordpress blogger, click the follow button on the top left of the screen in the black toolbar. 3. Twitter @thealleycat7, follow me and check for my blog updates. 4. Instagram @thealicereads. It’s just that simple!