Greetings and welcome to The Alley-Cat7
I’m Alice, a twenty-something-year-old bookius wormius glassius (a bookworm who wears glasses). I graduated from university where I double majored in English literature and French communication and culture at a Canadian university. I am currently working on an English-French translation degree. In my sparse free-time, I devour books with an insatiable hunger, write stories until my hands feel as if they are about to fall off, and paint childish pictures while listening to audiobooks.
If you have enjoyed reading my book reviews, then please feel free to email me a book recommendation. You can send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I adore discovering new and amazing books! Please note that I no longer accept review requests.
For a list of my book reviews: click here!
What sort of books do I like to read? I will read almost anything. Most of the books I read are fiction with the occasional biography or reference book thrown in. Usually, I will read young adult novels, contemporary fiction, classic novels, dystopian novels, science fiction, fantasy, thriller, mystery, children’s fiction, middle grade fiction, graphic novels & manga, historical fiction novels, and romance novels.
My favorite book is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë.
My favorite authors are: Charlotte Brontë, Amélie Nothomb, Haruki Murakami, Rainbow Rowell and Marie Lu.
Ten Things About Me
1. I love to write!
2. I always have one ear bud in my ear. I look like a secret agent waiting for my next mission.
3. I have a weird affinity for flamingos.
4. I adore cookies, people sometimes call me “the cookie queen.”
5. I wish I could turn into a mermaid so that I can swim for hours and hours.
6. I dream of living in a medieval castle with a drawbridge and an alligator filled moat.
7. I would love to learn Latin and Japanese. And yes, that’s Latin the dead language.
8. I have a huge poster of Edward Cullen even though Twilight is no longer a thing.
9. I spend way too much time looking at bullet journal templates.
10. When I was a kid I wanted to bring all the dinosaurs back from extinction. My plan was to keep them in my backyard and feed them giant tubs of ice cream. It could work… right? 😉
1. Do you earn money from the ads on this blog?
No. This blog is my hobby, I do not earn any source of income from it. If you see an ad on this blog it probably comes from WordPress.
2. Do you receive money for reviewing books?
I wish! As I mentioned, my blog is just a hobby blog. Every book that I review on this site, I either bought myself, borrowed from the library, won in a giveaway, or received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I decided to begin reviewing books because I figured that it would be a good way to challenge myself to think critically about the books I read.
3. Where do you get your pictures?
Most of my pictures are from either Pixabay, Wikimedia Commons, or my own camera. I try to avoid putting pictures that are not in the public domain on my blog for legal reasons. When it comes to book reviews, I use thumbnails of book covers from Goodreads.
4. What is your posting schedule?
Monday: Book Review
Thursday: Bookish article (occasional book review)
5. How do I follow or subscribe?
Look for the “subscribe” button in the right sidebar, or at the bottom of the page.
There are three ways to subscribe: 1. By email. Type in your email and follow the instructions (at the top left of the page, or at the bottom of the page if you are on mobile) 2. If you are a WordPress blogger, click the follow button on the top left of the screen in the black toolbar. 3. Twitter @thealleycat7, follow me and check for my blog updates. 4. Instagram @thealicereads. It’s just that simple!