For an introduction to the World Traveler series, click here!
A brief introduction…
For those who do not know, Peru is a country located in western South America. The population is around 31 million.
Continent: South America
- The capital of Peru is Lima
- The official languages in Peru are Spanish and Quechuan
- Tourist attractions include Machu Picchu, ruins left by the Incas…
And the Plaza de Armas. Plaza de Armas is also called the Plaza Mayor. It is considered to be the birthplace of Lima. In this square you will find the Government Palace, Cathedral of Lima, Archbishop’s palace of Lima, Municipal Palace, and the Palace of Union.
- Peru is a good place to try sand boarding
- And maybe some local cuisine
- Consider adopting a pet llama or alpaca
- Participate or watch a carnival
- Enjoy Peru’s architecture
- Who could say no to that face?
Next post in the World Traveler series: Japan